Here`s another great article:
To preface, I am Canadian, and marijuana is legal here. I was generally in support of the legalization and still see it as a positive, but after my puppy ingested some marijuana on the weekend, I can’t help but just be annoyed and angry.
I took my 12 week old pug puppy to the lake on the weekend, and there’s a small beach area there. I wanted to walk her along the shore and then let her get a feel of the sand. She was interested the whole time and sniffing/getting sand and leaves in her mouth (as she does). I did not notice if she had picked anything up, I’m usually pretty attentive if she lunges after garbage or a cigarette butt, etc.
About 4 hours later, she was lethargic, wobbly, couldn’t stand, and would not eat or drink (she is HIGHLY food motivated so I knew something was wrong). I was instantly panicking and crying, and had my mom call the emergency vet in our area. It was a Saturday night so we waited for about 2 hours while they did testing to see what it could have been. Since we had about 0 information to go on they had to do elimination testing.
Luckily a urine test was one of the first couple tests they did, so it could have been a lot more expensive and serious, but hearing the vet tell me that she tested positive for THC and barbiturates broke my heart. They’re best guess is that she picked up a roach on the beach or on a walk, and because she’s a small 5 lbs it just hit her really hard.
I’m so relieved because she was able to sleep it off and was back to herself by the morning!! But I’m still a little annoyed about the whole situation; I was scared I was going to lose her and had no idea what was going on. Just because people are too lazy to dispose of their garbage. No matter how small, I guess it only took a small amount.
If anyone else lives in a marijuana-legalized place, just be extra vigilant about this!! Especially if you have a small dog!
How to Learn Clicker Training in 7 Days?
Master Clicker Training in 7
If you want to master clicker training quickly then I recomend a powerful training guide about thsi topic. It covers nearly every bit of information you wanted to know about clicker training, plus more…
Just imagine being able to clicker train your pet in just 7 days (or less) without becoming frustrated or wasting your time.
==> Read my review about catclickertraining