Thanks to the wonders of VR, we now have the power to( practically) hang out in Jerry Seinfeld’s accommodation circa 1992 or take an elevator razz up the Wall in Westeros circa … whenever Game of Thrones happens.
But we want more. Here’s our wish list of fictional situates we’d like to check out in VR as soon as somebody can get around to constructing them.
3. Stars hollow from Gilmore Girls .( FWIW, the Warner Friend studio tour of Star Hollow does not disappoint, either .)
4. The Hunger Games arena.
5. Did we mention Hogwarts? Oh, we did. Okay, Ilvermorny, then.
6. The Friends accommodation( or Central Perk ).
7. The Tardis.
8. That clique from Wet Hot American Summer .
9. The restroom the T-rex destroys in Jurassic Park . Like, you go in feeling it’s some random , normal lavatory, and then BAM! T-rex.
10. The Millennium Falcon. Obviously.
11. Or the Death Star.
12. The McCallisters’ house in Home Alone , in video games where you get to be the burglar and have to avoid Kevin’s traps.
13. Any SalvadorDalpainting.
14. Or M.C. Escher drawing.
15. Small island developing in LOST .
16. The prison or the Alexandria Safe Zone from The Walking Dead .
17. Thecave of speculates in Aladdin .
18. The country of Arendelle, from Frozen .
19. The rock where they hold up baby Simba in The Lion King .
20. Nemos home in Finding Nemo .
21. Kylie Jenner’s house.
22. A area full of puppies, for people who are allergic to puppies.( No, this is not an fixed imaginary home. But you’re accept, Beings With The Saddest Allergy Ever .)
23. The Lost Boys’ hangout from Hook .
24. The spaceship in 2001: A Space Odyssey .
25. The excavations of Moria, or Mordor, from The Lord of the Rings .
26. The hotel in The Shining. Preferably the big-hearted ballroom vistum, or only a tour through those frightening hallways.( Shudder .)
27. Willy Wonka’s factory. The Gene Wilder version, of course there is nothing else. And we’re going to need the boat-ride-through-the-tunnel stage. We think about it all the time on the metro: “There’s no earthly space of knowing which tack “were just going” … Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? “
Basically we just miss a whole VR version of Gene Wilder’s Willy Wonka& The Chocolate Factory . It’s so good and frightening and the best.
You have your work cut out for you, Oculus.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in specific comments .